Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time Learn More
Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time

DoctorPup Complimentary Service

Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more

DoctorPup Logo

Common Conditions

Tear stain reocurred

January 18, 2020, 2:35 PM
Q: I have a white teacup pomeranian. After a few months since I got her, I started giving her Angel Eyes Chews so that she would not tear stain. It worked well in preventing it and I would always clean her eyes area with normal pet wipes. I would also always use a dog purple shampoo for the face area. However, we went on a vacation (for almost a month) to Puerto Rico and I forgot to take her angel eye chews and now she’s got a brownish/redish stain under her eyes that just wont go away. It’s been a week that we are back and I have been giving her the Angel Eyes and cleaning normally as I always do (about 2-3 times a day) + shower her with the face shampoo I always use. It does not seem to be working and I was wondering if there was something I could do. I have hear of adding vinegar or apple cider to her water, but I don’t know if that is good or if it even works. What should I do?
A: If Angel Eyes worked before it will likely work again. From the time you resume using it until you see results can take 4-6 weeks as the stained hair has to grow off or be trimmed away.