This document has been created to help out persons interested in purchasing Teacup dogs. Please read this entire document to be completely prepared for your new puppy. Many of these small dogs tend to become stressed out because of the flight and the transition from one home to the next. We want to make sure that the puppy leave our facility in great health. Because of the stress of the change of atmosphere their health can deteriorate. Below you can find the most common things that can happen:
- We require proof of Albon given to the puppy for the warranty to be valid! If your vet will not provide you with Albon, we can send it along with the puppy for a charge of $20. Coccidia is a parasite that can stay in the intestines and often comes from the mother. The puppy may not shed coccidian until it arrives because it is brought out through stress. The parasite is not deadly at all, but can cause irritation to the puppies’ intestine wall and create diarrhea. Coccidia can consume a 2lbd dog in less than 24 hours resulting in heavy vomiting. Coccidia can be prevented with Albon, the recommended dosage is 1/2 CC of Albon daily until the puppy flies out. We recommend to visit your vet and get 7 CC of Albon as preventative that will last for 14 days.
- Giardia is another parasite that has similar actions and that can develop. We treat Giardia with 5 days of Panicur before the puppy flies out. We also recommend you to get an additional 5 days of Panicur from your vet.
- If the puppy is less than 3 lbs, we recommend not getting vaccinations until he has adjusted to the new atmosphere and is eating well. Do not vaccinate the puppy until at least 2 weeks after arriving to the new home.
- Low Blood Sugar can also appear. All puppies are eating Vi-Nutra puppy food for small breed dogs before they fly out so they have a 100% solid stool. Because of the stress of the move, the puppies won’t eat the hard food so you must provide them the items mentioned below. If the dogs goes more than six hours after arrival without eating, you’ll need to take it to the vet to have a sugar IV which is very expensive. To avoid this, please purchase the items below, that don’t cost more than $20. You can also purchase Nutrical, a calorie substitute that boosts sugar.
- Caesars Pink label puppy food
- Danon Activia Yogurt
- Rotisserie chicken
Please, let the puppy rest, he will get excited and run around. It may seem healthy as can be the first day, but he needs to eat. When are excited, dogs forget to eat and the next day they usually crash. Please, make sure that your pup is eating well and seems to be adjusted before taking out and showing him to all your friends. If you have children, please keep them away from the pup until he is well adjusted to the new atmosphere.